The League of Women Voters of Great Bend is a grassroots organization advocating for informed and engaged voters. All citizens of voting age, both men and women, are welcome to join as members.
Consider becoming a member today! Your membership provides support for the efforts and mission of League, and you’ll receive updates not only from LWV of Great Bend, but also timely announcements from the state and national Leagues. You’ll also get the Kansas Voter and the local newsletter in addition to getting the latest on issues related to voting, voter registration, and access to voting. And here’s more for you to know …
Voting in year 2024
Presidential Preference Primary Election Dates
- Feb. 20: Deadline to register to vote or update voter registration information to participate in the presidential preference primary and to apply for an advance mail-in ballot.
- Feb. 28: First day of advance voting either by mail or in-person.
- March 18: In-person advance party voting ends at midnight.
- March 19: Presidential Preference Primary Election.
State and Local Primary Elections
- June 3: Deadline to change your party affiliation to participate in state and local primary elections.
- July 16: Deadline to register to vote or update voter registration information to participate in state and local primary elections.
- July 17: First day of advanced voting, either by mail-in ballots or in-person advanced voting.
- July 30: Last day to apply for an advance voting mail ballot.
- Aug. 5: In-person advanced voting ends at noon.
- Aug. 6: State and local primary election. All advanced ballots must be postmarked by Election Day and received by Aug. 9.
- Oct. 15: Deadline to register to vote or update your registration for the 2024 general election.
- Oct. 16: First day of advance voting by mail or in-person.
- Oct. 29: Last day to apply for an advance mail-in ballot.
- Nov. 4: In-person voting ends at noon.
- Nov. 5: General election. All advance ballots must be postmarked by Election Day and received by Nov. 8.
Our League President Janice Walker and Board member Jan Stice attended League day on February 14th, 2023 at the State Capital at Topeka. Click here to see who and what she found out.
Speaking up for our community
The following are among the many important issues LWV of Great Bend has supported in the past:
- Establishing Barton College
- Improving physical education in elementary schools
- Adopting flood control measures in our area
- Establishing 911 service in Barton County
- Increasing the number of county commissioners to five
- Promoting a more diverse judiciary in Kansas
If any of these issues appeal to you, we would love to have you join LWV of Great Bend today!
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.